While I was cleaning today I, as usual, had my music blasting so that I can be motivated. But when I was winding down with the cleaning, a song came on with some lyrics that really made me question:
If it doesn't break your heart, it isn't love.
If it doesn't break your heart, it's not enough.
It's when you're breaking down
With your insides coming out
That's when you find out
What your heart is made of.
That made me ask myself what I love and what really breaks my heart. Do the children that have been abused, raped, and abandoned that Tara fights for break my heart? Do the homeless that Ben has a soccer team with break my heart? Do the kids at camp who don't have stable homes or know Jesus break my heart? Does it break my heart that this world is still not ready for Jesus to come back?
If I answer honestly, then no. They don't break my heart.
What is so wrong with me that they don't? Where are my priorities? What really breaks my heart? If these things don't, then can anything?
Another song I listened to became my prayer.
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what is yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity
Break my heart God. Break it for what breaks yours.
Music speaks to me, too.
ReplyDeleteI've got a song that i've been using as a prayer. I'll show you sometime.
ReplyDeleteyou are impressing me every day krista turner... i am proud to call you friend.
ReplyDeletemusic speaks to me often...but jon forman speaks to me every time I kick it with him...
ReplyDeleteThe matter of a broken heart is a very graphic and accurate description of what we have. What God asks of us is that we recognize that we are already broken. We have the capacity to love, cry, create, and be, but these all are broken experiences without Jesus giving us healing. He holds it together and in Him we are able to experience the Truth. I am broken but I also want to live (quoting your last blog). I want to experience the truth of life. I think that truth comes in the healing that Jesus gives our broken hearts. I am not sure how that happens yet but we'll see.
ReplyDeleteThis is a brave request.
ReplyDeleteKrista....i love this and i love you. You are growing in Olympic triple jump leaps and bounds these days...i only wish i could keep up with you.
ReplyDeletei appreciate your openness and your search. i will miss talking to you this summer. i pray that God will show you things that will move you and that He will guide you.
ReplyDelete