Monday, March 8, 2010

breaking the pattern

I don't claim to be perfect. Because I'm not.

I don't claim to know all the answers. Because I don't.

I don't claim to understand life. Because I can't.

I don't claim to never fail. Because I won't.

But...

I try to be human. Because I am.

I try to care. Because I do.

I try to grow. Because I can.

I try to persevere. Because I will.

I'm not one of those people who has life all figured out, who never lets their emotions get the better of them. I"m not always confident, beautiful, or funny, and I can be messy. I can be boring. I can be fake. I can text people too often. I cry too much for my own liking and I don't have the same humor as everyone else. But even though I may not be perfect, I am determined. I am determined to break the pattern of this life I've lived. I'm sick of being predictable. I'm sick of playing it safe. I'm sick of keeping the status quo just because it is comfortable. I'm sick of living in a box. Give me new experiences. Give me new challenges. Cause me to stretch. Cause me to grow. Cause me to think, to consider, to ponder. Cause me to go outside of myself. Call me into question. Call me into your arms. Let me hurt. Let me love. Let me live. I just want to live.

It's starting.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word. You have a blog. You have joined the blogging community. And after having the privilege of being perhaps your very first reader, I am a little upset it didn't happen sooner. This is so good. So honest. Yes, I think that's what I like about it, raw honesty. I am finding out more and more things about you that only make me like you more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG GIRL! You ARE one of my favorite things. This blog is beautiful, for reals. Please keep this up. ("This" meaning this blog, but also "this" meaning this growing process you've started.) And please always be my friend. I love you, Kreeesta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I miss you and your passion for life. I'm glad I can stay connected with this. Keep up the openness, vulnerability and desire to grow. God loves to work with people who are willing to go on adventures for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEEAAAHH. i'm excited for you sister. good thoughts you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got little bumps all over...and my heart is swelling with pride. YOU are a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete