It's Sabbath today. I'm really thankful for that. I remember as a kid not liking Sabbaths very much because it meant that I couldn't do all the fun things that I wanted to, and as a result would be very bored for seemingly endless amounts of time. Summer Sabbaths were the worst, with the time change and all.
But thankfully that has all changed. There is nothing like a hectic week of school, projects, extracurricular activities and work to make me so appreciative for a day of rest. God sure knew what he was doing. I even like the time change now because it means an extra hour of Sabbath!
The spring days can be so beautiful, and to me there is nothing better than a day like today: a warm, sunny, peaceful Sabbath morning. I love walking outside and having everything just feel different, hallowed almost. There is always a quiet hush, birds singing, sometimes even a gentle breeze that just makes me feel so content. I cling to those moments. Heaven knows I need them.
So thank you God! Thanks for knowing what I needed. Thanks for the beauty and peace that you created. It means a lot to me.
Ha. I fully remember not being excited about Sabbath as a kid...especially in the summer when it didn't end until like 9:30p and the evening was "ruined". Wow...how a few years and a little perspective changes things. I hope your Sabbath is especially blessed this week.
ReplyDeleteSeems like God always knows what we really want before we do.
ReplyDeleteamen sister!
ReplyDeletei like you. i'm glad we're friends.
ReplyDeletethese are my thoughts...every sabbath. God is so smart.
ReplyDelete