Tuesday, August 24, 2010

simple pleasures

i like to think that i take time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, but in reality i rarely do slow down to smell those proverbial roses. maybe that should be a goal of mine in this coming year, something to work on and improve. but tonight, tonight i am lying here, basking in something so small, yet something i love:

the sound of rain on the roof.

6 comments:

  1. last night i drove down the highway under a bright moon with my lights turned off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first got to Mivoden, it was the middle of the night. And so I went to look at the lake. And I looked at it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the wind blows over the wheatfields, it sounds like a thousand whispers... Sometimes I listen and try to figure out what God is telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I splurged but for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked backwards up our hill tonight and stared at the huge yellow FULL sun. It's actually quite pleasant here at night... I wish you could come enjoy it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara...i hate/love you...the reminder of you is pleasant and awesome. The thought of you being at southern without all of us is unpleasant and not awesome.

    My simple pleasure: I vented to Chelsea...my stable listening ear...thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete