Saturday, December 18, 2010
In the middle of the night, the moon is about to rise. Always having been a sucker for a pretty moon, i step outside and simply watch. My skin tingles with the anticipation. Pressing my arms tight against my body, i try to ward off the cold. Only my desire to see a full moon keeps me outside in the cold. I look at the huge glowing smile, marveling at the expression. Simply stunning. Oranges meld with creamy yellows, intensified by the inky black surrounding them. Nothing can take this moment from me, nothing but my cognitive process. Thoughts swirl around and around, fighting for precedence in my burdened mind. Only the beating of my heart drowns out the voices arguing in my head. Each has a distinct sound, a distinct train of thought. View points clash in my mind. Elevated above all else is the fleeting wish to be enveloped by that inky blackness. Relishing the thought, i throw open my arms to the night. Yelling for it to take me into its dark folds, i now welcome the chill causing the bumps on my skin. Relentlessly i scream, over and over. Every breath i draw increases my fervor. "Libéreme de esta carga!" All else escapes my attention. Thoughts start to flee. I concentrate only on my screaming. Over and around me, a fog begins to drift. "No, no, i mutter." Stumbling, i fall to the ground, unable to rise. "How did I get here?" I stare up at the moon, contemplating it once again. Perhaps it is not as stunning as i once thought. It looks funny now, almost faded. Everything starts to go hazy. Not caring anymore, i start to let the darkness envelope me. Tears escape my eyes as my once beautiful moon slips into obscurity. Even the cold doesn't bother me now. Relinquishing my pent up breath, i lay my head down, my blindness taking over once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Krista, this is really wonderfully written--but it makes my heart hurt.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we got to talk tonight. Maybe it was good for both of us. Yes. I think so. I'll bother you about how you're doing so more later on. Do the same for me.
ReplyDelete"*some more later on."
ReplyDeleteit sure is lame noticing your typo right after you publish the comment.
I love you lots. I'm here for you.
ReplyDeleteEn mi angustia invoqué al Señor; llamé a mi Dios, y él me escuchó desde su templo; ¡mi clamor llegó a sus oídos! 2 Samuel 22:7
ReplyDeleteTe escucho hermanita mia. Te quiero mucho.