Saturday, July 17, 2010

the peace that beats all

when one digs a lot in dirt, it means one gets very dirty. when one gets very dirty, it means one spends a lot of time in the shower. when one spends a lot of time in the shower, one gets a lot of quality alone time to think (or sing with the great acoustics, but that's beside the point).

one thing that keeps filling my mind when in the shower think tank, is the concept of peace that passes understanding. i love thinking about this concept. it is so hard to actually embrace, but so wonderful in the same. i love thinking about a God that cares so much that he can give us peace of mind that can conquer even the most difficult situations to give over to him. it's peace that floods your being, even when you literally have no idea how something can work out, no solution to a problem, no end of the ache in your soul, conflict, trials, tribulations. you name something, and this peace can take it out. it seriously boggles my mind. the peace that we don't understand. it goes beyond our understanding. wow.

i'm not sure i have that kind of peace, but i am getting there. i'm learning day by day that God is amazing in ways that i never thought. i'm learning that he is so in control. more than i give him credit for.

peace.

dang. i love peace. it is so cool.

5 comments:

  1. And I love you. PLEASE write me an email!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your blog because it's the only communication I have with you for now. But I would like to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Chelsea's comment. AND Nick's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can resonate a lot with your blog. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that peace...i hope for it, but hold back so often from asking for it because...i find i get skeptical if it will be there. sheesh, weak faith.

    ReplyDelete